Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How do I access the site to fill up the Online Recruitment Application?
You should access http://www.epi.gov.in. At home page click “Recruitment”. You will get Online Recruitment Application.
- When can I apply online application for a particular Recruitment? Can I apply any time during the year for a particular Recruitment?
The applicant can register himself/herself at any time 24X7 for a particular Recruitment only within last date of submission when it has been notified by the company. Brief information containing the extracts of the Recruitment which is being notified is published in the leading News Papers. The complete and detailed information is available on EPI’s website http://www.epi.gov.in for filling up the Online Recruitment Application.
- Can anyone apply online for a particular Recruitment?
Yes, an applicant who fulfils the eligibility criteria prescribed in the notification (i.e. the detailed information published in the ‘Employment News’ or available on website http://www.epi.gov.in ) can apply for that particular Recruitment.
- Are there any detailed instructions to guide an applicant for submitting an online application?
Yes, for filling up the Online Recruitment Application an applicant must refer to "Instructions to the Candidates for filling Online Recruitment Application" displayed on the “Recruitment" page of website http://www.epi.gov.in.
- What should I do if there is lot of delay in accessing the page?
The delay in accessing the Page depends upon various factors like Internet Speed, large number of applicants trying to register the application at the same time etc. Therefore if you are not able to get the page for registration promptly, please retry after some time or during off-peak hours.
- Do I have to pay fee?
If you do not belong to a fee exempted category i.e. SC/ST/SC-PH/ST-PH then you have to pay the fee.
- What is the procedure to pay the fee for the Online Recruitment Application?
An applicant can pay the fee online using DEBIT OR CREDIT CARD issued by any bank.
- I have made the payment through Credit Card/Debit Card, How can I check the payment made?
Payment through credit/debit card, after completing the fee payment process you should be able to see your payment receipt (Please take the print out of your payment receipt).
- I have submitted the Online Recruitment Application. Should I send the printout of the application to the Company by post/by hand?
No, you are not required to send the printout of the application to the company by post/by hand. However, if you are shortlisted for interview, then you have to bring the printout of your online application alongwith other documents, for which you will be informed separately.
- I have submitted my Online Recruitment Application. I have made some errors. What should I do to remove these errors? or "I want to change my uploaded photograph and signature?"
You are advised that you submit your Online Recruitment Application when you feel that all information is correct. Once submitted, the information filled cannot be changed anymore. Candidate is also advised to check the quality of photo and signature being uploaded.The candidates may note that in case the quality of photograph/signature is not acceptable/ poor, then their application is liable to be rejected by the company.
- In which format the scanned photograph and signature should be?
The images of the photograph and signature should be scanned in the .jpg format.
- Whether the photograph should be in Black & white or should it be in a colour ?
Both are acceptable as per the given specifications and also quality of photograph is good enough to be identifiable and acceptable.
- What should be the size of the scanned photograph and the signature?
The candidate should scan his/her signature which has been put on white paper with black ink pen. Each of the scanned images of the photograph/signature should not exceed 40 KB in size (for photograph, the pixel size is 140 pixels height x110 pixels width and for signature it should be 140 pixels height x60 pixels width) and also to be ensured that the uploaded photograph/signature are proper.
- If the Photograph is not of the proper pixel size given, then how to convert it?
Use any image editing software such as MS Paint or MS Office Picture Manager. To delete the unnecessary print area, use the CROP option after selecting the Image. To resize to proper pixel size use the resize option.
- If the Photograph is not in the desired format, then how to convert it?
If the image is in any other format such as .tiff, .bmp etc, then open the photo in MsPaint or MS Office Picture Manager and click save as option to save it in the desired format (.jpg).
- How do I load my signature/photograph?
The scanned photograph and signature, in the prescribed format and specification, are to be uploaded in the “Photo & Signature Upload” Section.
- My photograph and signature uploaded on the website are not appearing to be in order. What should I do?
After uploading the photograph and signature click the view picture/view signature of the uploaded images. If, the applicant is satisfied with the uploaded images he may click on submit button. In case the applicant is not satisfied with the uploaded images, he may click on choose file then Reload Photograph or Reload Signature. The reloaded photograph/ signature can again be viewed by clicking on the view picture/view signature button. The process can be repeated till satisfaction. The Candidates may please note that if the quality of photograph/signature is poor or it is not in the prescribed format and specification, the application is liable to be rejected. After having clicked on the submit button, the system will not allow any changes in the photograph/signature/data.
- My application is submitted but unable to make payment
Open Online Recruitment Application" displayed on the "Recruitment" page of website http://www.epi.gov.in and click" If payment not done in earlier attempt please click here" and enter the required details click “search” and make payment.
- How do I know that my Online Recruitment Application is saved and have been received ONLINE in the Company?
You will receive an E-mail after submission of Online Recruitment Application.
- What details should I retain after completion of submission of my Online Recruitment Application?
It is strongly advised that after the completion of the process of submission of the Online Recruitment Application, the applicant must take a print out of the submitted Online Recruitment Application and keep the same for future reference. The candidate is also advised to keep his fee payment proof which might be required by the company in case of any discrepancy.
- What details should I provide while making correspondence with the Company?
In case of correspondence with the Company an applicant must mention these details -Name of post for which he/she applied, Applicant's name, Father's name, Email Id, Date of Birth and the Application Number generated by website.
- Can I take the print out of my finally submitted application after the prescribed closing date i.e. after the link is disabled at 23:59 Hrs on the closing date?
Printout of the Online Recruitment Application can be taken from the "Recruitment" link upto 24 hours after the prescribed closing date.
- Where do I contact for any queries related to the recruitment for the post for which I have successfully submitted my online application?
The applicant need not to contact after successfully submitting the online application. The HR Division will contact the applicant in case of being shortlisted for the interview as per the schedule.